Performance Training, Delivered.
MVP Training is a mobile Sports Performance Training Center that specializes in training individuals, groups, and teams from 6 years old to the professional athlete and elite levels. The company is led by Brooks Barron. Coach Barron is a strength and conditioning coach who has experienced training all levels of athletes. We produce and implement plans that are age appropriate and help athletes play at their height of their potential. Our goal is education, performance, and training our teams and families to reach the pinnacle of athletic enhancement by assessing and running diagnostics of each individual that are committed to being the best. We have strength and conditioning specialist that are trained to help provide the best training now and for long term athletic development (LTAD). MVP Training provides age appropriate level of training that assist the athlete at the competitive level of their career when it really counts. Athletic Enhancement Training takes time and if you are looking for quick fixes please find another place to go.
We are about making well rounded athletes that last a lifetime. MVP Training values the whole athlete. If your sport is baseball, football, basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, or softball MVP Training has the team training experts to support your team to help your team make it to MVP levels. We train athletes and teams at your school or you can visit us. So, if you are looking to get faster, jump higher, build muscle, get stronger, or perform better MVP Training can help. Our home base is in Vestavia, AL but are available for all the Birmingham, AL areas such as Mountain Brook, Homewood, Hoover, Oak Mountain, Chelsea, and all the Shelby and Jefferson County Schools.
MVP Training's Mission: The Specialization Movement Tragedy
Being an athlete in the United States has many problems. We (medical and professionals) are seeing tragic injuries at younger ages every year. Because the US is ran by private and volunteer organizations the chase for parents and money is at an all time high. Unfortunately, there is NOT a governing body that helps to direct and lead young athletes in educating and training. So, private organizations, youth travel leagues, and volunteer parents run these program without any prior knowledge or education in the area that they are coaching or training in. This leads to a tragedy in the United States of athletics of major consequences. The NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning estimates $80-90 billion is spent on athletic injuries every year. They also estimate that 1/2 of the injuries could have been prevented. Athletes are playing one sport at very young ages. This leads to lack of movement skills that the athletes could have developed otherwise. With the addition of lack of training and education by youth coaches, sports having year round competitions, and travel leagues this leads to overuse injuries much earlier in an athletes career.
How can MVP Training help prevent this tragedy in athletes?
- We provide movement and performance testing that helps monitor improvement and assess movement dysfunction
- We provide a movement based training that helps the athlete to develop and learn skills at age appropriate levels
- MVP Training periodizes these athletic and performance training models to help prevent overuse and non contact injuries that can be prevented
- We use our testing for research and development of programs for schools, recreational youth programs, and athletic clubs to help their athletes be the best they can become
MVP Training's Long Term Athletic Development Model
Our Long Term Development Plan has age appropriate benchmarks to help the athlete be the best over a long period of the athlete's life. We provide testing, corrective plans, and extensive diagnostics to ensure that each athletes skill development is appropriate to the stage that they are physically ready for. We have 7 stages in our Long Term Athletic Development Model.
- Active Start Stage- ages 0-5. Some experts consider this the most important part of the Athletic Development Model. This is where the infant, baby, child learns to roll, crawl, sit, stand, walk, and run. This stage of life is where the nervous system starts to make its mark on the individual. Research studies indicate that missing or the child not learning one of the key ingredients can hinder the overall development of the child.
- Fun-damental Stage- ages 4-7. This is the area that the athlete becomes familiar with the basic motor skill patterns such as Running, Throwing, Kicking, Swimming, and Jumping. MVP Training provides a structured program to allow them to have fun and learn to love physical activity and sport.
- Learn to Train or Movement Prep- ages 8-11. This stage the athlete becomes accustom to sprinting, peak velocity, and a minimum amount of strength training. Where the fundamental skills are improved on to teach proper mechanics in throwing, running, sprinting, and jumping.
- Train to Train or Peak Training- approximately ages 12-16 is where most of the habits, good or bad, are developed. This is where the most improvement in training can occur. Athletes train to compete at this level, start resistance training, and go through a rapid growth process. This stages is very fragile and
- Train to Compete or Competitive Stage- approximately ages 17-19. At this stage the athlete learns the hard work principles of sport and winning becomes a priority. MVP Training provides the proper diagnostics, periodized strength and conditioning program that suits the athlete. All athletes are treated as their own program. Injury prevention is also a major priority at this stage.
- Train to Win or Elite Competition Stage- ages 20+. At this stage the motor patterns are at a permanent stage. We provide testing, improvement of weaknesses from those test, and enhancement of the strengths given by the trained athlete. Our job is to get you to performing at your peak. MVP Training does this by providing the best nutritional, physical, and psychological professionals that this area provides.
- Lifetime Activation- Where the athlete learns to be physically active in the post athletic career. The habits learned from the first six stages are critical in the rest of the individual's life. Lifetime Activities have become a popular economy. Triatholons, Hiking, Biking, Mudders, Adult Basketball, Baseball, and Flag Football Leagues are being used to help the active lifestyles of adults. Finding ways to balance career, fun, and staying in shape can be a tough task at times. MVP Training helps to balance these with the proper plans for the proper age.